Dr. Tarantino joined ABCD, Inc. in September of 2009 after providing both inpatient and outpatient clinical care and serving as an Attending Psychologist at Seattle Children’s hospital from 2004-2009.
Dr. Tarantino specializes in the treatment of eating disorders in children, adolescents, and young adults. She enjoys working with clients struggling with a wide range of eating disorders including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, avoidant restrictive eating, binge eating and body dissatisfaction.
She also works with clients struggling with the related problems of depression, anxiety and stress that often accompany eating disorders. Dr. Tarantino provides family-based treatment (FBT/Maudsley approach) as well as individual treatment and utilizes a team approach involving close collaboration with medical providers and nutritionists.
Another area of expertise is in the treatment of anxiety disorders utilizing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy approaches. Dr. Tarantino works with many clients struggling with generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic disorder, specific phobias and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD).
In addition to these areas of expertise, Dr. Tarantino also provides assessment and treatment to children, adolescents, and families presenting with a wide range of emotional and behavioral difficulties including those arising from mood disorders, chronic pain, ADHD, and high functioning autism spectrum disorder.
- 1996 B.S. St. Lawrence University, Canton, NY, Psychology
- 2000 M.A. California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco Bay Campus
- 2002 Psy.D. California School of Professional Psychology, San Francisco Bay Campus
- Post-doctoral Fellow, Child Study and Treatment Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington School of Medicine (2003-2004)
- Primary Clinician, Inpatient Psychiatry Unit, Seattle Children’s Hospital (2004-2006
- Attending Psychologist, Department of Child Psychiatry, Seattle Children’s Hospital (2006-2009) – Provided supervision, program development and leadership on the Inpatient Psychiatry Unit as well as clinical services in the Outpatient Psychiatry Clinic and Eating Disorder Program
- Active Medical Staff, Department of Psychiatry, Seattle Children’s Hospital
PLEASE NOTE: Although a provider may be listed with an insurance panel this does not mean that his or her services are covered under your particular plan. We strongly recommend that you check your insurance plan to see if services by a specific provider are covered, what co-payments are involved, and whether or not authorization for services must be obtained prior to your first appointment.
ABCD will submit claims to your insurance company and accept direct payment. However, in the event that your claim is denied, our office does not accept responsibility for negotiating with your insurance company for the denied claim. This would be your responsibility. Insured clients are expected to keep their account current even if a denial is being negotiated and their insurance company has not reimbursed them.